Sunday, December 16, 2007

Plant from Panama

Day 12 - Plant from Panama

Source:
A picture of a plant I took while in hiking in Panama.

Lessons Learned:
I really liked the way the leaves came out. Once again, it was all in the highlight. I also added very faint, thin white lines along the leaves. In the smallest, topmost leaf, I added tiny white lines in the highlight to imply a bit of texture. I think that worked well.

The flower, which of course commands the most attention, was turning out to be a disaster. I was following the photo quite religiously and it just wasn't showing any shape. So, on a whim I added some strong highlights to the tips of the petals and Voila! it looked much better. It seems as if I may have learned and then applied something! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment