Thursday, December 13, 2007

Girl with Bonnet

Day 13 - Girl with Bonnet

Source:
Photo of a painting in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City (American Paintings).

Lessons Learned:
I really wish I had taken more time with this one. Once again, delicate white highlights, strategically placed, give the painting it's dimension. Also, look at the bump just to the right of her nose. A dark area separates the lip area from the cheek area. What really kicked it up a notch was adding bit of highlight to the area underneath the shadow to imply the area slopes downward before entering that shadow. And also to the left of the nose I added highlights to imply a slope. It was a very exciting discovery.

I also finally saw for myself something I had read many times: adding red around the eyes, nose (especially nostrils), and ears really gives the face a warm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment