Tuesday, May 7, 2013

自己紹介 Self Introduction


I realized that I now have 26 followers here on this blog. I’m so happy and honored that you guys are following me. I’d like to start posting more, though sometimes I find it hard, maybe because I feel like a stranger. So I thought I’d take a post to introduce myself.

My name is Heather Larkin. I am 28 years old and I live in Washington DC. For my day job, I am a freelance animator and illustrator. I’d really like to work as a storyboard artist for TV or feature films. I’m trying to build up my storyboard portfolio and apply for storyboarding jobs.

Right now, I’m working on an online comic called “Myst The Book of Atrus” based on my favorite book EVER. You can read it online here: http://mystcomic.smackjeeves.com/.

Personality wise, I’m a huge nerd. I recently reorganized my bookshelves into categories, so I can tell you exactly what subjects I’m interested in: Central American natural history; Japanese language; medieval Europe social history and Old English; biology and animal behavior; film editing, directing, acting and storyboarding; story writing; art technique and human anatomy.

I also get really excited about office supplies.

Some random backstory: I was born in Queens NY. I went to Princeton University and majored in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. The best outcome of that was that I got to study zebra behavior in Kenya. After I graduated, I entered the JET Programme and lived a year in Japan. I love Japanese.

Ta-da. So now you know a little something about me.

Nice to meet you! よろしくおねがいします。

No comments:

Post a Comment