Thursday, October 10, 2013

I'm back


Hey guys, 
I disappeared for a good long while and I’m sorry about that. The short version of my news is this: The printed version of Vol 1 of Myst graphic novel looks really good. I’m happy with the printing. SPX was great. I sold a bunch of books there. Thank you to anyone who bought one, or just stopped by to say hello! I haven’t set up the online store yet, but that’s on the agenda. I will let you know when I’m closer to that. 
I’ve been going nutty not producing any new Myst pages for a while. Day job stuff is letting up a bit, so I’m slowly getting back in the saddle. I’ve finished two pages. I’ll post one today and Tues. I feel guilty because I said I would be back a while ago. That was what I wanted, but things came up, as they do. I’m really bad at knowing my limits sometimes. 
I’ve started using a new piece of software: Manga Studio 5 EX. I’m REALLY excited about. I love the inking and painting tools. I’ll be posting some of my experiments with it later. I was attracted to it after hearing the great reviews fromFrenden. Thanks man! And thanks to Fahim at SmithMicro for letting me know about a promotion deal so I could get it cheaper. And thanks Stephen for giving me HIS contact info. I’m really excited. I’ve never fallen in love with a piece of software so fast. 
In other news, Cyan is putting out a new game?!?! What WHAT!  http://www.inlander.com/spokane/article-19786-writing-the-next-age.html. Thanks Zachery for sending me the scoop! And then the Unwritten folks have launched their Kickstarter campaign and it’s doing really well! Way to go, guys. Things are kicking up in the Myst world! 
That’s all I got for now. Back to work. Will post a new page in a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment