Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm Going to Storyboarding Workshop in Bay Area (near Pixar)

Hey guys,

A few weeks ago I learned about this organization called "Animation Collaborative" (http://www.animationcollaborative.com/). They offer classes in animation and all the teachers are big studio folks - Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks, Blue Sky etc. And it's located across the street from Pixar. The school is apparently one year old.

They have a workshop on storyboarding over the summer and I've decided that I want to take it. The course runs from August 18 - September 4. So that means I'm going to be temporarily moving from DC to San Francisco. I haven't found housing yet. That's the next step.

It'll be hard to be away from Ilya (partner), but I'm looking forward to the course. It'll start right after Comic-Con, so I'm thinking I'm going to go straight there from San Diego.

One concern: How the heck do I transport my 21" Cintiq tablet monitor (aka my precious baby)? I have to find out if the original packaging would fit in the overhead ... I guess I could check it as luggage, but ... if anything happened to it I would be SO SAD. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment